If your fiance is thinking about renting or buying a tux, here are some options to consider:
- Jacket Buttons-- One button is the standard for a classic tux but you can get two or three buttons or even double breasted.
- Jacket Lapel-- One notch is classic but there is also peak lapel or shawl.
- Pant Leg-- Pleated is classic; flat front is also available.
- Shirt Collar-- Full collar is very Rat Pack. Wing-tip is retro classic.
- Shirt Style-- Pleating is the standard. Plain shirt is another option.
- Vest-- Optional.
- Cumberbund-- Optional.
- Tie-- Bow-tie is the standard. Ties are becoming more common.
- Shoes-- They don't have to be patent leather. Promise.
After much searching, D. decided to buy a tuxedo from Jos A. Bank. He went with a one button jacket with a notch collar and a pleated pant leg. Since he loves Thomas Pink shirts, I decided to get him a full collar plain evening shirt for his anniversary present. He wanted a real bow-tie not a clip-on! Brooks Brothers was having a great sale so he bought one for himself as well as the rest of the bridal party.