Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
Weddings involve so many events aside from the actual wedding day. Say Yes to le Dress is an event to help all of you brides outfit your wardrobe for this other special days - showers, bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, etc. Along with a great assortment of dresses, Erin Gallagher jewelry will be showcased and Nika Vaughan will be there to provide makeup tips. Toast & Jam DJ's and Foodie Registry will also be present.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
"I loved not seeing her that day until we saw each other during the ceremony."
-- Ellen DeGeneres
"Brides tend to forget to wear something blue. I had a little blue ribbon sewn into my dress that I really loved."
-- Ashlee Simpson- Wentz
"The toasts! Sometimes they're funny or inappropriate. You're like, "Wow, maybe you don't want to share that with 150 people."
-- Kate Walsh
"Well, I'm Mexican, so we have a lot of them. I love the lasso in Catholic ceremonies. It's basically a rosary that they put around the bride and the groom."
-- Eva Longoria Parker
The article really struck me because it took me awhile to have a favorite wedding tradition. I absolutely love the anniversary dance and am thrilled to see it slowly replacing the bridal bouquet toss. I rather celebrate marriage at any wedding.
What is your favorite tradition?
Friday, September 24, 2010
The photo quality is poor; but use your imagination!
For the ceremony, the bride walked in with layers upon layers of tulle. (I am loathing the 80s effect on the photo too).
Do you love it? I do.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
The latest is the Bridal Boutique at White House Black Market. I have only seen the photos online but like the designs. I really want to see the line in person though before giving a final opinion. Something can look great on the web but not so great in person.
My main concern is the quality of the dresses. Katharine which is made of polyester and costs only $348. Audrey is $698 but made of pure silk. In my eyes, the Audrey gown is the real bargain ... but again, I would like to see the gown in person to feel the quality of the material. Quality at WHBM is very much hit or miss, in my opinion.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
I adore Coco Rocha's gown. (If you haven't seen the video from her wedding, then where have you been? Click here.) The gown, designed by Zac Posen, it is stunning. And can be/ should be worn by only 1% of the population. She is truly breathtaking.
Lara Stone's dress is an entirely different matter. What was she thinking?! My initial impression is that even if she was marrying a rock star (she didn't, the groom is an actor), I hate this dress. I mean, I really hate it.
What do you think?
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Saturday, September 4, 2010
View of the hallway, coming from the front of the house.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Here were the steps involved:
- Get inspired. I found mine and posted about it here.
- Pick the photos. This took an incredible amount of time but was fun for the both of us. Since it was on our past travels, we had to put in a serious amount of time deliberating on how many photos from India VS Turkey. Hours people, hours went into this step.
- Buy the frames. We went with classic black frames from IKEA.
- Match the photos to the frame. There were some photos that were meant to be displayed at the 4x6 size while others were deemed worthy of an 8x10. Another chunk of time spent deliberating.
- Contemplate what color to paint the hallway so that the photos would the focal point.
- Have the walls painted by our fabulous painter.
- Denton made cut-outs of the photos and hung on the wall for us to make sure that we like the arrangement. Ultimately, we decided to align the photos to an invisible line that was parallel to the windows. The arrangement took quite a bit of time and even some online research.
- Deliberate the arrangements and bite our nails at the prospect of marring our hallway walls.
- Bite the bullet and hang the photos.
I'll post photos tomorrow of the finished hallway!