What are my other two reasons for loving her bouquet? Tradition. She carried flowers that had been used in other royal weddings. Brides rarely want to wear than mother's gown but they could copy this idea and carry the same flowers. I really like that idea.
Finally, Kate opted to follow the meaning of the flowers. Did you know that flowers have meaning? I haven't heard of this tradition being followed in years but I do enjoy the significance. According to the official royal wedding website, Kate chose her bouquet to include:
- Lily-of-the-valley – Return of happiness
- Sweet William – Gallantry
- Hyacinth – Constancy of love
- Ivy: Fidelity; marriage; wedded love; friendship; affection
- Myrtle: the emblem of marriage; love